Thursday, November 5, 2009

Birthdays are a special thing.

Did you notice? There was no long, wordy, meaningful post on Maddy's birthday. For that fact, I really didn't even blog ABOUT her birthday. I sat down at my laptop ready to bring finality to a years' worth of laughs, poops, and tears.... I took my seat, grabbed a nice tall glass of ginger-ale, placed my hands above the keys and... nothing. I can not write about her birthday. It was a very special day, a day that I hold very dear, but I can not write about it. Every time I think about a post I can make in her birthday's honor my eyes become glassy, my chest feels heavy, and the lump in my throat grows a little more. My baby is one. There are no clever words I can put together to explain how that feels.
Moving on... *tear* *tear* clears throat.....
Madelyn has really started to come into her own these last few days. It is as if turning one was the exact point where she changed a little. I was laying in bed last night watching ABC comedies with Ray when I realized how truly fun it is to get to hang with her. I turned to Ray to let him know that "she is my best friend." He turned back to me and said, "no, she is mine and she can not have two best friends."

No comments: