Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Presents Are Fun... Wrapping, not so much.


Yesterday before daddy got home from work Maddy and I decided to wrap the presents that Santa and his reindeer had dropped off the day before for her Daddy. I was very excited at the prospect of wrapping presents with my sweet little daughter- giddy as Christmas spirit burst from every seam. I had pulled all necessities for a Christmas wrapping event down from the closet- everything set-up so we could get started- tape, check. paper, check. tags (that Grandma had sent- which is awesome because they are something that I never remember to purchase,) check. scissors, check. I rolled out the first roll and started to measure so I could meticulously cut a piece out and wrap each gift... perfectly for daddy. Once everything was lined up the fun had to end.... or start if you would like to look at it through Maddy's baby blues. She proceeded to thump and bump, trance and dance all over my freshly rolled out wrapping paper. We then played hide the tape and scare mommy with the scissors until all the gifts were clumsily wrapped in tree decorated paper. There was tape everywhere and tags that may have ended upside-down, but those gifts are probably the most lovingly wrapped gifts that I have ever been responsible for. Those are for her daddy.

No comments: