Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursdays

For the past month we have been gearing up for Maddy's big Art Show at school. We have heard all about the different painters and techniques they are learning about. Well, tonight is the night! When I picked up Maddy from school yesterday afternoon her teacher told me their was a special piece of artwork for me... Maddy did a portrait of her momma! My first thought was... crap, did she get "morning mama" "tired momma" "frantic momma?!" Then I settled into the idea that she probably did a spaghetti momma, and my highlights and make-up would look just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up to Maddy (while she was sitting with her back to me) while she was feeding her baby. As I approached I heard little "suckling" noises. I giggled and the suckling quickly stopped. As I walked away I heard the same noises again. She just melts my heart.

No comments: