Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Flash Forward

I had a scary, horrifying, unimaginable flash forward last night.
That is right... I caught a glimpse of Maddy as a teenager.
I will back up and say that ever since the ultrasound tech 3.5 years ago told us we were having a girl- I have shuddered. I know what I was like as a teenager.
*Scene set: Living room of Lewis household.
Maddy is watching Dora and momma is making supper.
Few minutes later delicious broccoli pizza is placed in oven.
Momma reaches for Maddy's iron supplement, extracts 1ml into tiny baby syringe squirter thingy and walks over to Maddy to let her know it is medicine time.
Momma: "Maddy, time for medicine. Open wide."
Maddy: "I don't want that."
Momma: "I know sweetie, but you have to take it I promise it will be quick."
Maddy shuts mouth and thrashes around.
Maddy: "No, medicine."
Momma: "OK, no Dora then."
Momma turns off Dora.
Maddy: "NOOOOO! medicine. DORA!!"
Momma: "Not until you take your medicine."
Momma walks away in hopes that the silence of an off TV will scare Maddy enough to comply.
*Tiny footprints are heard going downstairs.*
In the distance momma hears...
Mimi: "Hi Maddy, what are you doing?"
Maddy: "Mimi... Dora?"
Mimi: "Down here?"
Maddy: "And juice pwease."
Momma finishes what she is doing and walks downstairs to find Maddy sitting on Mimi's couch with a brand new juice box watching Dora. Unbelievable.

If you replace "not wanting to take medicine" with "car" you can see my terror.

No comments: