I am someone who thrives off of routine.
Wake up. Shower. Dress. Feed Maddy girl. Work. Come home. Repeat.
I feel safe in a routine. Lately my life has been anything but routine. Right now, during the day I am patiently waiting for my new routine to set in. Waiting for this transition to become more comfortable. When I feel like I may have had too much waiting for one afternoon 5 pm eases in and I am able to start our night routine. This is my favorite routine.
Drive home. See family. Ask Maddy about her day. Eat supper. Watch as Maddy climbs over daddy.
Then around 7:30 we all climb into Maddy's new queen-of-a-bed and read Dora. Maddy points out all of Dora's best friends and makes sure to turn the pages. After the usual Dora series we turn on the Dora light, push play on the cd player, tuck in sweetie-pie and as I hide in shame... give Maddy the Ipod to catch up on.... you guessed it... Dora. Right before I leave her room, when I turn off the light, I remind her to look up....
Momma: "Maddy, Dora nightlight."
Maddy: "Dora! Boots"
Momma & Maddy: "I love you."
This is my beautiful life.
No comments:
Post a Comment