Friday, April 16, 2010

Ba-Dee!

Tales from the baby-hood.
Mommy: "Hello Maddy!"
Maddy: " Baaa-Deee!"
Mommy: "Ok, Ba-Dee Bok Choy!"

The conversation above happens many times a day- in the house, our car, the grocery store... Neither Ray or myself had any clue what she was saying. I would ask the sitter hoping maybe she would have some insight on this "Ba-Dee" character, but nothing. Nana Patty (who swears her and Maddy are similar beings and therefore can read each other thoughts) had no idea. I assumed that this was secret code and that I would never know. I was sure that there was something she was trying to say... but what the heck is badee?!

So when I went to pick Maddy up yesterday afternoon it was much to my surprise that the sitter had my answer. She had cracked the code! Maddy and Mary often look out the window and try to follow the birds. That afternoon Maddy was pointing out to the beautiful April sky and saying "Ba-Dee," which we now know is Maddy's way of calling the birdies.

No comments: