Friday, September 3, 2010

The Love of a Family

Yesterday was one.of.those.days. Maddy started vomiting pretty early in the day. I am petrified of vomit. P.e.t.r.i.f.i.e.d. BUT, want to know what is worse? ...Watching your little monkey sick. This is parenting, huh? -The overwhelming sensation to take any pain away.
Today I am thinking of two things.
I am so grateful for our sweet little girl.
I am so thankful for Ray, my soon to be husband.

In just over a week we are going to say our vows in what might be hurricane #4 in as many days for the Northeast. All of this hurricane talk is OK... you'll carry us through it. I feel strong because of you.

On that note... Here are some words from a song that reminds me of the family I have. Tell the repo man
And the stars above
You're the one I love
Perfect summers night
Not a wind that breathes
Just the bullets whispering gentle 'mongst the new green leaves
There's things I might have said
Only wish I could
Now I'm leaking life faster
Then I'm leaking blood.

No comments: