Thursday, March 3, 2011

Im. Pe. Ti.... What?

Impetigo. Literal meaning (in mommy words)... Huge puss filled blisters covering the lips and inside of my sweetheart little baby's mouth. I was convinced it was a fever blister... until I could no longer be in Egpyt (De-Nile.) We took her to an AfterCare center on Monday and received some excellent care (stickers) and some great medicine. It is healing up very well. Ray has to hold her in a "full nelson" as I apply the cream... Parenting is never what I thought it might be! LOL :)

On a different note... I had my first pure moment of sadness at the realization she was growing up yesterday. I went to pick her up from daycare... usually I can spot her playing and laughing and surprise her before she sees me, but yesterday she caught me first. She ran to me and giggled "mommy! mommy!" In that instant my heart melted and then dropped... It won't be like this for long. And then this tune plays in my head (just trying to set the scene!)... (Darius Rucker's song about fathers and daughters)
Some day soon she'll be a teenager
And at times he'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the aisle
And he'll raise her veil
But right now she's up and cryin’
And the truth is that he don't mind
As he kisses her good night
And she says her prayers
He lays down there beside her
‘Til her eyes are finally closed
And just watchin’ her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows
It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, he's tryin’ to hold on
‘Cause it won’t be like this for long.

No comments: