Monday, August 1, 2011

Matteo-Jermone

I love having stories -funny stories- of little things my Maddy does. I can see myself recalling and retelling these stories to her high school sweetheart. I can just hear her say... "Mom!" Hahaha.
This is one -not from Maddy, but her Uncle Ma-TT.
Back story: My brother Matthew will not do anything he does not want to do. Will not, no way. These things usually consist of laundry, cleaning, and trash removal. When we were just little angelic teenagers my mother had given up on (either of us) cleaning our room. She would shut the door and pretend it didn't exist.
*Patty opens the door to Matthew's room to ask him a question. As she pushes the door open she sees a mountain of clothes, food, dishes and drawings cluttered all across the floor. She sees Matthew at his desk, using last year's laundry to prop his feet. She then looks up... to see a string of Christmas lights hung delicately around the ceiling.
Patty: Matthew? Why did you hang Christmas lights... in July?!
Matthew: I couldn't find a light bulb.

No comments: