Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Glass Breaking Post

I was notified this morning that I have been nominated for Mother of the Year.... of the entire Universe. I was in tears when I received the news, but they were not happy ones. Let me back up to about 5 minutes before I received this prestigious accolade. The alarm clock goes off... Brrrrring. Brrring. (My amazing literary skills make it sound more like a telephone, but you get the picture.) Ray gets up and puts Maddy next to me in bed. "Hang tight little one, I am going to go make a milk-bubba for you." Daddy says Next thing I know -in a New York second- Maddy flies off the bed- LEAPS AND BOUNDS before crashing into the glass nightstand with her head. I jumped up and rocked her in my arms trying to make her fears go away- She looked up at me in anger. She was pee-ode. I could she her thoughts... How dare you let that happen?
It was shortly there after that I was awarded.

Maddy is OK... She was not hurt and continued on to her milk bubba with no problems. Her mom is a little bruised.

No comments: