Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lovey-Dovey Days

I was talking to my mom about how it is very easy to get lost in the role of "Maddy's Parents." Ray and I are hers. I love that about my life. I love that Ray makes it his daily mission to make her smile, but sometimes we need to be us. SO, this past weekend Nana took baby Maddy- and Ray and I went to dinner and a movie. I forgot what it was like to be us, Ray and Amanda the "couple." Although coming home to that sweet smiley face was a wonderful way to end a Saturday night date.
On Valentine's Day we went to Nana Pam's and Papa's. Maddy had wonderful gifts of money and clothes (she usually has gifts waiting for her there- even when it is not a holiday) and I had a delicious boiled-dinner waiting for me! I did have to scoot her out of there early... Papa and Maddy were sitting watching the Wiggles and I could see Maddy's eyelids getting heavy.... Something about Papa's lap and rocking chair puts Maddy right to sleep!

Friday night Ray came home with flowers for "his girls:"

No comments: