Friday, June 10, 2011

10 Current Things

I look back at previous entries and always love to re-read little facts about Maddy. She grows out of habits at the rate of a toddler, learns better ones too fast and sometimes I simply just forget!
So here is a list for future me...
Ten Facts about Miss Madelyn
1. Maddy loves cheese. She will wake up in the middle of the night and ask for cheese.
2. She loves to watch Barney. Only Barney. This is how a typical night goes:
Maddy: Buumby. Buuumbbby please.
Ray: OK, let's watch Barney baseball.
*Ray changes channel to one of 300 channels playing the Red Sox Game.*
Ray: Ready Maddy? Try and find Barney in the stands. He's there...
*Maddy looks at her dad with a face she reserves for only very important things...*
Maddy: NO. Bumby.
3. She stills hates baths. The screams she sends out during bath time would make anyone think she was being dipped into molten lava.
4. Maddy is an outside girl. She loves nothing more than to be outside, on the lawn playing ball.
5. She is ticklish! When she was itty-bitty I would tickle her, trying to pull that cute little laugh out. She would look at me with a blank stare. It was as if she was saying... "what the heck are you doing? Go get me some cheese." Then, almost overnight- she would screech in delight at being attacked by the tickle monster!
6. She is an awesome sales lady. She will stand in front of a picture, book, table etc. and carry-on a whole pitch in baby gaga. She will then make eye-contact with you (with freakishly on key timing) and say... Ya? Yes? And if you do not agree with her story? ...She starts all over.
7. She thinks her current edition of Twinkle Shoes are the best thing since bubbas. Ever since Papa purchased her newest pair she continuously points down to her toes and says "Papa shoes! ...Ya? Yes?"
8. She steals sand.
Every single day we have the same routine. I pick her up from school, get her in the car, drive home, take her out of the car, and empty her pockets o' sand in the driveway. I think we are only a few weeks away from making her, her very own sand box in the backyard.
9. She still sings Jingle Bells in June.
10. She can count to 10! She yells.... 1 2 3 4 5 deliberate pause 7 8 9 10! I always thought other mom's were crazy when they shouted out their kids' milestones from the rooftops...
"Jenny climbed the stairs!" "Sally said her name!" "Petey picked his nose!"
Well... Here I am. On the roof.

No comments: