Wednesday, June 29, 2011

He is a Trustee

After the best Mother's Day anyone has ever had, I was very apprehensive about Father's Day. How would I come close to showing him -in one day- what an amazing dad he is? I started off my quest for the Best Dada's Day with chocolate chip waffles for breakfast. Perfect.
Maddy and I then lavished her dad with presents... new shoes from Rockport, a trustee membership to his favorite beach...

A great CD, drawings from Maddy, and a Red Sox Tee. Perfect.
We set off around 11am to go to Papa's to wish him a great Father's Day and drop of the Moops so we could go to a movie Ray has been wanting to see. We left a little early so we could stroll around Jordan's Furniture. (I have no idea why, but we love looking at furniture.) As we walked through the revolving door there were small typed notes everywhere. MOVIE CANCELLED. What?! Ray took it in stride, while I went batty. All I could think was, but my perfect Father's Day! We still took our stroll and then headed back to get the offspring. We eventually made our way home and settled in for a relaxing night. Momma made sure the baby was always changed. Dog fed. Kid fed. Barney Baseball on.
Even though it was not the perfect Father's Day I had envisioned, I think it was perfect for Ray. Happy Father's Day to the dad who always makes sure his little girl is happy-- and for taking the trash out!
Happy Father's Day to Papa and Grandpa John! And Chris too!

No comments: