I want to be the best mother I can be for Maddy, for Ray and for me. I try and remind myself that most parents do not feel like they are doing an incredible job at raising their little tots. That it is human nature to not feel enough. I think that is what keeps you on your toes, wanting to be better. There are constantly decisions you make for your child that seem less than stellar. I love to work, but I hate that she in daycare. I need my sleep, she sometimes does not care. :) There are hundreds of people that will tell you what she "should be doing" at such and such an stage.
"She should be crawling by 6 months." -Maddy did not move her rear-end until 9.
"She should definitely be walking by now." -Maddy refused to walk until 14 months.
"Why isn't she talking more?" -I still don't get everything Maddy says.
So I try and remember not to worry, that she always gets there. She will be sleeping in a big girl bed before we know it... and I have never seen a 16 year old refuse to use the potty. :)
Everyone -God willing- gets there.

No comments:
Post a Comment