Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Amby Pamby

Sunday night we attempted the Ferber CIO... never again. After an hour of "ferberizing" she was soaked, near vomiting, and swollen from her crying. That just does not seem ok! I am a firm believer that kids are all different... go figure! Madelyn seems to be a high-needs baby, she loves to be held, comforted, and cuddled with- I don't see the horror in it. One day she will want nothing to do with cuddling, why do I need to force her now?
Long story short, we may have found the nighttime solution... The Amby Bed.

This hammock like bed mimics "swaddling." When Maddy was teeny-tiny she loved being swaddled, but then grew out of it. I really feel that this may be the answer.
There is no book at Barnes and Nobles that tells you the hands down, correct way to parent- trust me I looked. Ray and I just want a happy, secure child. We want her to have the world.

No comments: