My little girl is not so little anymore... I look back at pictures like the one below and wonder where the time has gone. Isn't it funny how time does that? Runs by you while you aren't looking... As a child I can vividly remember waiting, for what felt like forever- for Christmas/ my birthday (probably any day where I got gifts) to come. I now only have to blink and another week has passed. I sometimes feel as though I get so wrapped up in making sure I cherish every. single. moment. that I still in fact miss some of them. I never want to forget what she looks like, feels like, and acts like at any one of these stages. She will one day, probably sooner than I would like, want no part of lying on my chest while I sing to her before bed. She will not let her Daddy walk her around the house and tell her silly stories and there will be no more calling our daughter by the name of "bubba gurl." So, because time is going much faster than I intended I will hold her as much as I want, sing to her in whatever key I can manage, and let her be a kid for as long as possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment